I have been bitten on more than one occasion with a forgotten curly brace or missing comma in a puppet manifest. So, I wrote a little git post-commit script that will validate all manifests in a repo. I have tested it on a repo with ~60 modules and ~400 manifests, and it only adds a little bit of latency to committing (less than 1s on my system with the email disabled).
My first puppet forge contribution: redis
Fixing Master Boot Record on Windows 7
I recently removed the linux partition from my desktop. I had a linux partition, but it made sense to just use one windows partition and run linux in a vm.
Removing the partition is not a big deal. I just used the Windows Disk Management tool to remove the linux …read more
Monitoring RabbitMQ Queues with Zabbix
I was looking for a solution that did not require additional plugins or packages, but would perform well. Some useful tools for monitoring include: the …read more
Jenkins Windows Slave with Git
There are some articles out there about setting up Jenkins slaves on Windows. This is one more, with a bunch of information about configuring Git. The documentation for setting up Git to work well with Jenkins is surprisingly sparse and the process is extremely frustrating (in my experience). Hopefully this …read more